Windows Debugger is used to analyze Windows crash dumps. It is helpful to analyze the problems when an application, such as Microsoft Word, crashes when using the Fasoo client.
Fasoo Help Desk personnel or engineers will guide you on how to use Windows Debugger. Below are some basic steps to launch your application and attach WinDbg.
- Open WinDbg.
- On the File menu, choose Open Executable.
- In the Open Executable dialog box, navigate to the application you need to debug, such as
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Office\root\Office16\WINWORD.EXE" and click Open.
- Near the bottom of the WinDbg window, in the command line, enter this command: .sympath srv*
- Enter this command, which tells WinDbg to do its initial finding and loading of symbol files: .reload
- Enter g to start running the application.
- In the application window, enter some text and choose Save from the File menu or other action which caused the application to crash.
Go to https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-hardware/drivers/debugger/debugger-download-tools for more information on how to use Windows Debugger.